Friday, March 9, 2012

Feature Friday - Layla Grace Foundation

Two years ago today, Layla Grace Marsh earned her angel wings.







































         I can remember reading Ryan and Shanna's (Layla's Parents) blog posts and twitter updates daily, hoping and praying for a miracle for this little girl and my heart aching when I read that she had passed. I cried, cried harder then I ever have for someone I didn't know. She was 2 weeks older than Avari and I couldn't imagine if that were my child.

On April 11, 2010, Ryan and Shanna founded the Layla Grace Children's Cancer Research Foundation in an effort to continue little Layla's legacy.




























Throughout the year, they hold many community events to raise awareness and money for Childhood Cancer and have a website devoted to this cause where you can learn about upcoming events and make donations.

I never truly realized until a few years ago, how many children are diagnosed, go through the agonizing treatments and die of cancer each year. Did you know that every 4 hours a child dies from cancer? That's 4 too many and we should be doing more. We see so much support for breast cancer (which i fully support) that it seems that childhood cancer is put on the back burner when truly, childhood cancer should be our main focus!!

What can we do to get more research done? How can we help?
We can start by visiting The Layla Grace Foundation's Website. Make a donation and let's kick childhood cancer's butt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment