Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day, A Birthday Party and so much more....

This past weekend sure was a busy one. I started out Saturday morning having to work. Blah! But no biggie, got done early enough to get home and get ready for my Aunt's birthday party. Luckily Avari napped during this time and I had to wake her so that we could get going.

The party was great! I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I don't know where I would be without them! I got there early to help out and get my cake made. I set up the kiddie pool for the little ones and Avari and Audrie loved it. They are such hams!! We had great BBQ and a few adult beverages and a nice time was had by all. Couldn't ask for a better way to spend my Saturday evening than with the one's I love the most! I hope Tuttie had the best birthday and I wish her many more.

Mother's day was pretty much a typical Sunday. I got up and cleaned, did a little laundry and spent time with Avari. She's really starting to want to be outside more than in now and that's great! Not as much TV watching going on and she's getting some other sort of stimulation. All we need now is a swingset or something more for her to do outside and we'll be set. Jacob went to town to clean my car since we were selling it and came back with cards from him and Avari, a picture frame and flowers for mother's day for me. Total shock! I really wasn't expecting anything at all, just to spend the day with them. Dad BBQ'd chicken and sausage and I made a few sides and finally made it to the bedroom for Army Wives.

All in all it was a great weekend. Really couldn't have gone better. Looking forward to what this next weekend will hold.....




Quote for today:

'God could not be everywhere and therefore he made Mothers.' - Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment