Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Our Weekend in Port A

This past weekend, Jacob's employer took us to Port Aransas for a little relaxation and fun. Jacob is very fortunate to work for a great company with great owners. They are the nicest people you will ever meet and I look forward to spending more time with them in the future. There was a total of 10 of us who went, including the owners. We did so much that I am still worn out and trying to get my land legs back.

We arrived on Thursday afternoon and checked into Plantation Suites. We had 2 condos to share and they were right across from each other with a shared balcony, overlooking the pool. We settled in and then headed out for a little red fishing. We boarded the Island Queen and were off. Jacob and I didn't have much luck but a few of the others did. After a quick stop at Whataburger, we headed to the condo for a few drinks and relaxation before the next days events.

Friday, we had 4 private guides take us out fishing. I would say that we had the best guide of all. If you are ever looking into going fishing, check out Doug at Pirates of the Bay. He was so patient and showed us a great time. We will definitely be booking a trip with him in the near future.

There were 3 of us on his boat and we each caught at least 1 red fish and a few other small fish. All in all it was a good day, even though the fish weren't biting as expected.

We headed inland and checked in all of our fish and headed out to lunch. After lunch was relaxation or whatever your heart desired before having to be ready for dinner at 8. We chose to nap!!

We had dinner at Moby Dicks!! It is amazing and had some great drinks! We had lots of laughs and good food before heading back to the condo. We stayed up just talking and having a good time! It was great to meet new friends and connect!

Saturday was our big fishing day! We headed offshore, 2 1/2 hours out to do more fishing! This was our 9 hour trip. It was a blast!! We all caught something and 4 of us even caught sharks! I was one of them!! YAY!! After about 5 hours of fishing, we headed back inland. On the 2 1/2 hour trip back, we had a few drinks and got to know each other better!

Arriving back was exciting! Our deckhand layed out all of our fish from the whole boat. (there were 45 people total) We took a picture for the paper and headed to weigh our fish! My shark got 3rd out of our 4.

We then headed back to the condo to get cleaned up and head out for some good mexican food, margaritas and fun!

Sunday we had a big breakfast at Moby Dicks, pictures, shopping and then we headed back home!

Although the weekend flew by, I had a great time and can't wait to get together with everyone again!

No comments:

Post a Comment