Saturday, May 28, 2011

Beginning of a bedroom makeover: Shelf

I bought a shelf from Family Dollar for $15 that was a cherry wood color. It served it's purpose for a while but I just really wasn't liking the matchy matchy feel of the bedroom. I thought I definitely needed to add a little spice to the room and what better way to do that, than transform the shelf. A little spray paint and some dollar tree twine and this is what I came up with. For now, it's going to serve as a TV stand but I hope to replace that with another dresser and use the shelf for strictly decorative purposes....just going to keep searching for the right items for that shelf when it's time!



Sorry the picture is horrible...I took this with my phone. The only thing I need to figure out is how to hide some of the cords....hmmmmm.....and I need to fix the little stubby feet at the bottom...you can't tell in this picture very well but they didn't quite get painted the best! OOPS! Oh well...


I love it! Although the orange isn't quite the right color, it's close enough. Could have been worse....sending Jacob to get the paint, telling him to match the bedding, I was doomed for disaster.....so I'm lucky I don't have a fluoresent orange shelf.


I can't wait to complete the bedroom....so there will be more to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment